Our Mission : Provide nourishing food to our community.
Our Vision: We are the hands and voice of Jesus to those who are hungry, sharing food with all who come to us.
Hours of operation: 10:00 am to 12:00pm Wednesday & Friday each week. Closed on holidays that might fall on those dates.
Pantry Location: In the basement of the middle building on the campus of Good Samaritan Lutheran Church. Our address is 20850 Langley Rd, Lexington Park, MD 20653.
How the Distribution Works: One visit to the pantry per week with a punch card to track visits . We provide a plastic grocery bag after check-in and people may take whatever they need from the shelves. A few items are rationed (peanut butter, jelly, cereal, canned/frozen meat). When we are stocked with canned or frozen meat items each person is allowed one item of their choice.
Where do we get the food?
- Highly discounted purchases from Feed St. Marys food bank.
- Leonardtown Food Lion donates frozen meat.
- Naval Air Station Patuxent River Commissary donations and food collections.
- Big Lots, Lexington Park
- Bradford Markets, California MD
- Knights of Columbus
- Boy Scouts
- Other churches
- St Mary’s Caring Soup Kitchen, shares food from their donations with standard sized portions come to the pantry.
How can you help?
- Donate food – call the church office to schedule deliveries for a time when the pantry is not open at 301-863-4740.
- Provide financial donations (here) to support food bank purchases. Make checks payable to GSLC marked for Food Pantry. These contributions are tax deductible.
- Donate your time to help serve at the pantry to welcome our customers, restock shelves, or pick up food from our many sources.
- Tell hungry people about this ministry.