Equipping Good Samaritan to be on a mission in this community, this region and beyond.
We are launching a campaign called, “Making New Connections” to ensure that we have regular invitations to impact our community. Through regular activities, reflection and abundant resources we hope to better partner with you in walking our individual and collective faith journeys as we encounter our neighbors, discover our connections and learn to bring God’s activity into them.
Our congregation has set a goal to grow by 45 new “active participants” over the next three years. We believe our “Making New Connections” focus will greatly assist us in reaching this goal. It is also a combined blessing that The Metropolitan Washington, D.C. Synod has launched a similar initiative to make connections with at least 3,000 people who have not yet made a connection in the church. It is called the New Connections Campaign.
In addition to Good Sam’s goal to grow active participants, we are also partnering with the synod in the overarching goal to raise $2.25 million. As funds are raised across the Synod, they are being applied towards developing and equipping leaders to intentionally facilitate church growth, expanding existing ministries, planting new congregations, and supporting growth in ELCA churches nationwide.
Join leadership for conversations:
- Coffee and Conversation: April 15 and 22 at 10:30am
- In-Home Gatherings (see sign-up board outside the Sanctuary or online):
– Sat., April 21 at Gail Wathen’s home at 10:00am
– Thurs., April 26 at Kanawha Mack’s home at 7:00pm
– Mon., April 30 at Kelly Thurber’s home at 5:30pm
Where will the money go?
- $40,000.00 to Good Samaritan for new ministries of “Making New Connections” (such as but not limited to: Major Mission Trips and a 10hrs/week Outreach Staff Person) and sustain our work with God’s Work, Our Hands.
- $20,000.00 to Our Synod New Connections Campaign: Metropolitan Washington, D.C. Synod, ELCA
- $60,000.00 TOTAL NEEDED
How will we get there?
The entire project will be $60,000.00, which will require Good Sam members and friends to faithfully give. During the next 5 weeks, we will learn more about Good Sam’s “Making New Connections” through mail outs, temple talks and bulletin inserts. Pledges can be made electronically by accessing the “Commitment Card” at the top and bottom of this page or by completing a pledge card at Good Samaritan Lutheran.
Testimonials – Things people are saying at “Making New Connections”: