I wanted to start this message by looking back at where we’ve been in the past four months. Since we sent our last COVID Task Force message in November, we have withstood the winter “spike” in COVID cases – and celebrated the release of three life-saving vaccines. As I write this message now, the case count and local case positivity rate has diminished to the point it was in November, when tighter restrictions on in-person gatherings were put in place. But now in March, with each passing day, more people in our community are vaccinated and become much less susceptible to COVID-19 infection. As temperatures rise, the spread of the virus is predicted to decrease as we can spend more time outdoors. With continued perseverance and patience, I know we will soon come to the end of this pandemic.
- Maundy Thursday: Dinner Church, 6 pm (Zoom Only)
- Good Friday: Stations of the Cross, offered in three ways:
- A group worship experience, 6 pm at Good Sam
- An individual worship experience at Good Sam. Come to Good Sam during daylight hours on Good Friday and walk the Stations of the Cross. Guides will be available for your use.
- An online worship experience. We will provide videos for each station for those who choose to worship at home or wherever they are.
- Holy Saturday: Praying the Hours, 9 am, 1 pm, and 6 pm, at Good Sam (outdoors, or indoors if bad weather)
- Easter Sunday: Worship, 9 am & 11 am, at Good Sam (outdoors, or indoors if bad weather)
- Please reach out to your COVID Task Force if you have any questions about our current plans or our plans for the future. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can reach the entire task force at email@example.com
- If you feel called to join us in our work, we currently have two open seats on the task force – one for a younger member of our congregation, and one for someone who can represent the viewpoint of a family with children at home. We meet on Thursday evenings, typically via Zoom, and usually about 2 times per month. We also have a need for people to help with COVID procedures on Sunday mornings. Please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to join us.
- Finally, I ask everyone to pray for the gift of perseverance, so that we can come to the end of this pandemic with the minimum amount of additional illness and death. I am reminded of Paul’s exhortation, “(L)et us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” (Gal. 6:9)
In His Service,
GSLC COVID Task Force Lead